Slap City is a Platform Fighting game based on the Ludosity universe of games. The game was initially released in Early Access on Steam before being fully released in 2020.
The playable characters include:
- Ittle Dew (Ittle Dew)
- Masked Ruby (Ittle Dew)
- Jenny Fox (Ittle Dew)
- Ultra Fishbunjin (Space Hunk)
- Princess Remedy (Princess Remedy)
- Business Casual Man (Card City Nights)
- Goddess of Explosions (Hyper Princess Pitch)
- Asha (Iji)
- Frallan (Princess Remedy)
- Cruiser Tetron (Hero)
- Orka (Healthy Weapon)
The modes available include:
- Arcade Mode - Single Player, standard arcade ladder
- Story Mode - Complete a series of platforming stages and versus battles, with unique text-based stories for each character. Collectibles can also be found in each stage for use in other modes, such as expanded character profiles, additional music, and alternate costumes and colors.
- Smack the Crystals - Single Player, akin to Smash the Targets in the Super Smash Bros. games.
- Battle Mode - Up to 4 players and includes Team, Time, Stock and Friendly Fire options.
- Slap Ball - In teams of up to 4 players, players compete to score goals but can also increase how many points a goal is worth through landing juggle combos on the ball before it touches the goal... or bash the opponent to prevent them from getting started on their own.
- Training - Includes options for the damage to reset on landing, frame by frame progression and displaying hitboxes. The latter two are in other modes.
- Online - This includes the above mentioned Battle Mode and Slap Ball Mode with the option to search and set up lobbies with passwords.
- Replays - You can view replays from other modes.
- Controllers - Controls can be remapped in other places as well with GameCube Controller support being included.
- Library - This documents gameplay
- Tutorial - A short playable tutorial demonstrating the mechanics as Ittle Dew, this begins when the game is booted.
The game had a brief Alpha available in 2017 which was followed by the game releasing in Early Access on Steam in March 2018 with a Version 0.7 build. This build had 5 playable characters, 13 battle stages, 2 slap ball stages and online support. Development continued for 2 1/2 years until the game was finally released in September 2020.
The Official Website
The Fan Wikia